Research Workforce & Early Career Development Working Group Call
The Research Workforce and Early Career Development Workgroup of the HRA invites you to participate in our next virtual meeting, open to all HRA members, to discuss prioritization of ongoing and new issues relating to workforce and early career development for scientists. We will start meeting at regular intervals, every other month, and the next call will help us organize and prioritize new ideas and existing projects. Please join us on March 4th at 2PM EST.
If your organization currently supports junior level scientists, please join the call to share your thoughts and ideas for areas of need of this group. Additionally, if your organization is interested in funding in this area but hasn’t yet, we welcome you. The agenda for future calls and working group projects will be determined by YOUR interests- so please come and be heard! We will start by continuing some of the conversations we have had in the recent past, but look for your feedback and ideas in setting our plans for the year.
- Welcome and introductions
- Summary of past priorities of this working group
- Discussion of ongoing and new priorities for this working group –
- Disproportionate impact on early-career researchers
- Disproportionate impact on caregivers
- HRA member prioritization of funding for early career researchers
- Crossover with DEI group
- Areas of collaboration
- Other ideas from the participants
- Next steps