Tough Talks: Communicating Effectively with Internal Stakeholders
HRA’s Professional Development Program Team is pleased to offer another workshop for staff of HRA member organizations*. This workshop will be led by by John Beilenson, President of Strategic Communications & Planning, Inc (SCP). John will lead a two-day workshop that will focus on improving your communications skills with those in your own organization.
Over the two days, the workshop will cover the following topics:
- Fostering “radical empathy”
- Understanding/analyzing your audience and your organizational environment
- Getting to know “them” – creating a stakeholder profile
- Developing a value proposition that works for “them” (and you)
- Communicating up, across and down
- Identifying and overcoming barriers to effective internal communications
- Delivering bad news in small and large meetings, presentations, and emails
- Managing tough one-on-one conversations
- Handling your emotions
Please note: Participants must be able to attend both Tuesday 7/26 from 12-2pm ET and Wednesday 7/27 from 2-4pm ET in their entirety.
*Initially, we are offering this opportunity to one registrant per organization and we ask organizations to decide who the one registrant will be. However, please send the names of all interested staff members, as there may be room for more than one attendee per organization, and there is always the option of hosting a second workshop.
Please email maryrose at healthra dot org if you have questions.