Understanding your Leadership Style
Thanks to the work of the Professional Development Program Team, will be offering a virtual workshop called “Understanding your Leadership Style.” The workshop is designed for mid-level managers (not the CEO, or Director-level) and will be conducted over two 2.5-hour sessions on 12/2 and 12/9, from 2:30-5:00pm ET.
Please use the link to register above for the workshop (includes both sessions.)
In session I participants will
- Increase their self-knowledge about what motivates them, what causes them stress, and how they solve problems;
- Gain knowledge about the motivations, preferences, and stressors of others; and
- Identify common sources of stress and frustration at work.
In session II participants will
- Gain an understanding of how their inherent leadership styles and the priorities that drive them can result in conflict;
- Develop a personal value statement that articulates the unique value that they, as leaders, bring to their teams and organizations;
- Identify initial areas for development to enable them to refine their leadership skills and lead more effectively.
The workshop is free for one participant* from each HRA member organization – as long as the participant is able to fulfill the following 2 requirements.
- Participants must be able to attend both workshop sessions (including the small group activities) in their entirety (12/2 and 12/9, 2:30-5:00pm ET. )
- Participants must be willing to take the DiSC® Assessment (the assessment fee will be paid for one attendee per organization.)
*We ask organizations to decide who the one registrant will be, but please give us the names of everyone who is interested. Depending on interest, there may be room for more than one attendee per organization, and there is always the option of hosting a second workshop.
Please email maryrose at healthra dot org if you have questions.