HRA recently formed an HRA-ORCID Consortium. Members of the consortium receive technical support to embed ORCID iDs into the entire grants management workflow – from application through progress report, and well beyond. This allows the funder to get data from applicant’s ORCID record, and to push funding data to awardees’ records. It decreases burden on applicants, awardees, and staff, while increasing accuracy. It will also help funders to keep track of alumni – wherever they go!
HRA has contracted with ORCiD and Altum to integrate ORCiD into HRA members’ Grants Management systems and into funded researchers’ workflows.
Via the consortium, ORCID is integrated into several different workflows including:
- Funding application: Authenticate applicant ORCID iDs as part of the application/submission process
- Review: Collect reviewer ORCID iDs and recognize their contributions
- Award: Give grantees and reviewers credit by posting award information to their ORCID records
This integration allows funders to:
- automatically extract data from applicant’s ORCID record
- push funding data to awardees’ records
- decrease burden on applicants, awardees, and staff with respect to data entry and validation
- increase accuracy of data
- more effectively keep track of alumni
As a member of the HRA Consortium the price for premium membership is heavily discounted plus we have the technical staff to help.
Read the November 6, 2017 ORCiD consortium press release here.