Founded in 1972, The Tourette Association of America (formerly known as the Tourette Syndrome Association) has emerged as the premier national non-profit organization working to make life better for all people affected by Tourette and Tic Disorders. We do this by:
- Raising public awareness and fostering social acceptance.
- Working to advance scientific understanding, treatment options and care.
- Educating professionals to better serve the needs of children, adults and families challenged by Tourette and Tic Disorders.
- Advocating for public policies and services that promote positive school, work and social environments.
- Providing help, hope and a supportive community across the nation.
- Empowering our community to deal with the complexities of this spectrum of disorders.