Sign up for Peer Circles has closed. Thank you to everyone who has signed up to participate.
As part of HRA’s Professional Development Program, we are excited to announce the launch of HRA’s Peer Coaching Circles to enhance both your professional capacity and your network. There is no limit to the number who can participate per each member organization.
Peer Coaching Circles, modeled in the book Every Other Thursday, provide a forum to support others in finding solutions to problems and to build coaching and listening skills. This method relies on inquiry to facilitate self-directed problem solving, differing from traditional Peer Mentoring structures that are based on advice-giving. Peer Coaching Circles meet regularly to discuss challenges presented by group members. Members help their peers reflect on the issues at hand with new perspectives, allowing them each to develop a path forward. Peer Coaching Circles are also welcome to invite external speakers, or to create other opportunities to enhance skills and networks.
Guidelines for Peer Coaching Circles:
- Circles will be made up of groups of ~5 colleagues, from different HRA member organizations, with similar goals and roles.
- Once circles are assigned, circles should schedule meetings approximately monthly, and ideally meet ~10 times from June 2023 until June 2024.
- Each circle member is responsible for leading/moderating ~2 meetings.
- Participants must do their best to attend all scheduled meetings of the circle, knowing that personal and professional emergencies do arise.
- Participants must respond to brief formative evaluation surveys including suggesting topics and speakers for periodic webinars for all program participants.
- Participants must respond to a brief final evaluation survey.
- All communication within peer coaching circles must remain respectful and confidential.
The Peer Coaching Circles program launched with a virtual orientation to explain the basics of Peer Coaching by Joyce Yen. We also briefly discussed logistics. Rosters, additional logistics, and a guidelines/expectations document will be sent out by June 1.
For questions please email Marina Triplett, HRA’s professional development intern at [email protected] .