Professional Development Program
HRA’s ongoing Strategic Planning process surfaced the need to provide professional development resources and opportunities to staff of HRA member organizations. HRA’s new Professional Development Program is designed to address that need.
To increase organizational and philanthropic sector capacity by enhancing the effectiveness of staff of HRA member organizations.
· To help enhance professional skills not generally available through other avenues, that will enable staff of HRA member organizations to be more effective in their professional capacity.
· To increase the professional networks and mentoring opportunities for staff to foster professional advancement and increase job satisfaction.
· To provide expertise and knowledge to develop future leaders in the biomedical research funder community.
This program will offer workshops as well as identify and create other resources to achieve these goals. Resources and opportunities will be shared with the HRA membership and posted on HRA’s website. At least initially, these will be available only to HRA member organizations.
NEW!!! Peer Coaching Circles
As part of HRA’s Professional Development Program, we are excited to announce the launch of HRA’s Peer Coaching Circles to enhance both your professional capacity and your network.
Purpose of Peer Coaching Circles
- Be in community with others
- Get feedback and perspective on issues
- Gain ideas for helpful forward action
- Practice coaching skills and leadership skills
For more information please go to Peer Coaching Circles page.
Professional Development Workshops (2022):
- Tough Talks: Communicating Effectively with Internal Stakeholders
7/26: 12-2pm ET, 7/27: 2-4pm ET
- Understanding your Leadership Style
8/30 & 9/1, 2022 2:30-5:00pm ET
Professional Development Program Team:
Nicole Burpo, AHA
Kara Coleman, PEW
Kristen Mueller, Arthritis Foundation
Erin Salvo, LLS
Andrew Smith, Conquer Cancer
Odette van der Willik, AFAR
Marina Triplett, HRA Professional Development Intern