Working Group Description
The Open Science Task Force will produce resources for HRA member organizations to help:
- Inform their decision-making processes in the implementation of open science policies,
- facilitate implementation of open science policies, and
- influence the advancement of open science.
Topics of Interest:
- Facilitating Open Science Policies – where organizations are with their policies and what they need to move forward.
- Preprint servers (conveying their importance to researchers, learning more about how best to use preprints, and to encourage their use)
- Using the Open Science Framework
- Open access toolkit to implement open access policies for publications
Task Force members identified a list of tasks that would be valuable to the membership and indicated interest in those tasks which can be found here.
In 2018, the Open Science Task Force is being co-chaired by:
- Jason Gerson, Senior Program Officer, Patient Centered Outcomes Research Institute (PCORI)
- Belinda Orland, Senior Manager, Research Operations, American Heart Association