Facilitating collaboration and building partnerships are at the core of HRA’s mission. From bringing members together to develop shared solutions to common challenges, to making available resources, tools and templates that have helped create partnership models, to sharing lessons learned and best practices, HRA drives collaboration across all of its programs, priorities, and platforms.
Facilitating Collaborative Relationships Among HRA Members Program
The Health Research Alliance (HRA) is pleased to announce that we have received a $25,000
grant from the Rita Allen Foundation to support HRA’s Facilitating Collaborative Relationships Among HRA Members program.
These funds will enable the Health Research Alliance to:
• Partner with external consultants (Converge) to develop and lead a workshop in Spring 2019, available to all interested HRA members, seeking to identify and jump-start effective collaboration opportunities
• Develop and implement evaluation tools to assess progress against the initiative’s goals
For more information please see the Announcement or email Maryrose(at)HealthRA(dot)org.
- HRA Open: HRA Open is a collaboration with the National Library of Medicine (NLM) and Figshare that enables awardees to deposit peer-reviewed publications into PubMed Central (PMC) using the NIH manuscript submission system.
- HRA Reporter: Launched in 2016 with partner ÜberResearch, this database provides data for NIH grants and PubMed publications alongside HRA member grants making it a great resource for landscape and portfolio analysis.
- HRA-ORCID Consortium: Members of the consortium receive technical support to embed ORCID iDs into the entire grants management workflow – from application through progress report, and well beyond.
The FIRST group is focused on enhancing relationships with academic institutions to work together on common provisions in grant agreements such as intellectual property, reporting requirements, and indirect costs.
- Nonprofit Funder – Research Institution Partnership (NFRI): The FIRST group formed a partnership with members of the Council on Governmental Relations (COGR) to tackle issues that cause friction between funders and universities (e.g., IP, Indirect Costs, reporting requirements). The group co-hosted a meeting in May 2018, and another one is planned for November 2018.
HRA Internship Program
In 2017 HRA increased our capacity to achieve our mission by launching an internship program in partnership with Vanderbilt’s ASPIRE Program. We have had four Members Meeting Coordinator Interns and a Data Sharing Intern.