Evidence has shown that a diverse healthcare workforce not only improves patient care outcomes, it also allows organizations to be more productive, creative and innovative. Still, minorities face slower promotion rates and are significantly less represented in leadership and academic career positions.
In addition to curated resources and events on diversity, HRA also has dedicated the Research Workforce and Early Career Development Working Group focused on helping HRA members build a diverse, motivated, and committed research workforce.
- BEST (Broadening Experiences in Scientific Training) [Webinar, December 6, 2017]
- National Center for Advancing the Career Development of Scientists [Webinar, January 10, 2018]
- HRA Regional Meeting: Metro DC [October 16, 2018]
- How Funders Can Diversify the Healthcare Workforce [HRA Members Meeting, Spring 2018]
- Rescuing U.S. Biomedical Research from Its Systemic Flaws [Proceedings of the National Academies of Sciences, April 2014]
- Shaping the Future of Research: A Perspective from Junior Scientists [Webinar, September 2015]
- The Report Card for Gender Equality [New York Stem Cell Foundation, 2017]
- Seven Actionable Strategies for Advancing Women in Science, Medicine, and Engineering [Cell Stem Cell, March 2015]
- Approaches to Achieve Gender Equity in STEM Faculty: Successes, Hurdles and Opportunities for Collaboration [HRA Members Meeting. Spring 2016]
- Strategies for Increasing Diversity in the Workforce [HRA Members Meeting, Spring 2018]
- HRA members and their Career Development Awards [2016 Compilation – Excel Direct Download